Aquidneck Land Trust (“ALT”) has opened registration for the 12th Annual 5K Race for Open Space, to be held on November 2, 2019. The 5K Run/Walk is a loop course along the scenic Sakonnet Greenway Trail. Participants may run or walk, and strollers and leashed dogs are welcome. Proceeds from the race are used to support ALT’s land conservation and watershed protection efforts on the island.
The event starts and finishes at The Glen, Linden Lane, in Portsmouth, next to the Newport Polo grounds. An alternate route is planned in case of inclement weather. Check-in is from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., and the race begins at 10:30 a.m.
There are refreshments, prizes for each age group, and a registration gift for each participant.
A discounted registration fee is available to all who sign up by October 1, 2019, and discounts for family groups and military participants are also available.
Participants are asked to bring a non-perishable item for the MLK Center food pantry. Major support for the race is generously provided by Rockland Trust, Charles Schwab & Co., Newport Restaurant Group, and the YMCA of Newport County.
Register online at the ALT website, www.ailt.org/5K, or by calling 401-849-2799, ext. 10.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup