Aquidneck Land Trust (“ALT”) has opened registration for the 12th Annual 5K Race for Open Space, to be held on November 2, 2019. The 5K Run/Walk is a loop course along the scenic Sakonnet Greenway Trail. Participants may run or walk, and strollers and leashed dogs are welcome. Proceeds from the race are used to support ALT’s land conservation and watershed protection efforts on the island.
The event starts and finishes at The Glen, Linden Lane, in Portsmouth, next to the Newport Polo grounds. An alternate route is planned in case of inclement weather. Check-in is from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., and the race begins at 10:30 a.m.
There are refreshments, prizes for each age group, and a registration gift for each participant.
A discounted registration fee is available to all who sign up by October 1, 2019, and discounts for family groups and military participants are also available.
Participants are asked to bring a non-perishable item for the MLK Center food pantry. Major support for the race is generously provided by Rockland Trust, Charles Schwab & Co., Newport Restaurant Group, and the YMCA of Newport County.
Register online at the ALT website, www.ailt.org/5K, or by calling 401-849-2799, ext. 10.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour