Aquidneck Land Trust (ALT) hosted a public program on Wednesday night to share details of a build-out analysis of Aquidneck Island by Sasaki Associates.
The analysis presented two possible scenarios for the island: (1) What will be the impact to Aquidneck Island if current development and sprawl trends continue status quo? (2) What will be the impact to Aquidneck Island if a conservation and smart-growth focused approach is taken?
Attendees heard a short presentation on the analysis, followed by breakout groups for feedback and discussion.
A final report of the analysis will be made publicly available later this year.
Attached is the hand-out from ALT last night — Sasaki and associates presented two scenarios — one if current development trends continue the second if there’s a “Plan and Protect” effort.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise