Newport City Council met for just about two hours last night (video of the meeting).
Food Trucks pretty much ruled the night and took up the most time during the meeting. New amendments were introduced by Councilor McCalla last night so we’re still trying to understand them all (and get copies of them), but pretty much food trucks (max of 6) now have the green light to operate at King Park, Miantonomi Park, and in the zoning business district (must stay 250 ft from restaurants). Food carts (max of 6) can operate at approximately six different locations (mostly parks) in the city.
Once we have copies of the amendments and the full food truck law, we’ll post a full story.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals