Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) is accepting applications for its 2020 Food Accelerator program. Motivated and coachable social entrepreneurs who have a feasible food venture and a desire to build a “do well, do good” business with high social impact are encouraged to apply. Applications are due on October 1, 2019. The Food Accelerator program begins in January 2020. The application is available atwww.bit.ly/SEGAccelerator2020.
Social Enterprise Greenhouse’s Accelerator is the organization’s signature venture development program. It features a 12-week blended learning experience that provides social entrepreneurs with the tools, networks, and resources to further validate their venture, understand their customer, and formalize growth strategies from fundraising to social impact measurement. Additional value is provided by one-on-one business coaching, a peer cohort model, and access to SEG’s coworking space at 10 Davol Square, Providence.
About the SEG Food Accelerator
The Food Accelerator program, now in its fifth year, offers an industry-tailored curriculum and advising, customized face-to-face instruction, peer learning, and access to a network of industry experts in addition to the entire SEG Advisor network to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses in Rhode Island and beyond.
This is a growth opportunity for all food ventures that address topics such as:
· Sustainable food, agriculture, and aquaculture practices
· Food access
· Food waste
· Cultural heritage
· Workforce development
· International development
· Place-making and community building
SEG’s 2020 Food Accelerator is delivered in partnership with Brown University and is funded by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training Real Jobs RI Initiative, United Natural Foods, Blount Fine Foods, and Newman’s Own Foundation. Forty-eight social ventures have graduated from the SEG Food Accelerator since its start in 2016, including successful local enterprises such as Bellicchi’s Best Biscotti, Bootblack Brand, Cloverbud Ranch, FoodSCAPE, Hocus Pocus Farm, and Savory Fare.
The purpose of SEG’s Accelerator program is to stimulate innovation in Rhode Island and to help create more successful, sustainable “do well, do good” businesses, leading to healthier and more prosperous communities for all.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf