Dan McGowan from The Boston Globe has a story out today on the liquor license saga currently underway in the City of Newport.
“How’s this for sticker shock? The cost of a liquor license in Newport has swelled past $400,000,” McGowan wrote in his daily newsletter, Rhode Map. “With two new hotels going up, there’s a movement to lift a 40-year-old freeze on new licenses. But some existing business owners are fighting to keep the cap in place”.
McGowan is the team that is covering Rhode Island for The Boston Globe. Be sure to catch McGowan’s daily email, Rhode Map. You can sign up for it here
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise
- What’s Up this week in Newport County: May 17 – 23