Dan McGowan from The Boston Globe has a story out today on the liquor license saga currently underway in the City of Newport.
“How’s this for sticker shock? The cost of a liquor license in Newport has swelled past $400,000,” McGowan wrote in his daily newsletter, Rhode Map. “With two new hotels going up, there’s a movement to lift a 40-year-old freeze on new licenses. But some existing business owners are fighting to keep the cap in place”.
McGowan is the team that is covering Rhode Island for The Boston Globe. Be sure to catch McGowan’s daily email, Rhode Map. You can sign up for it here
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more