The Friends of Music at St. John’s has announced the return of their annual summer music series, Music on the Lawn, featuring great bands, awesome food trucks, beverage service, a 50/50 raffle and more!
The fun starts Thursday, July 18, and is made possible by 2019 season sponsor The Point Association and event sponsors Caleb & Broad, Pasta Beach, Point Wine & Spirits, Sardella’s Restaurant, The Marina Pub, Gurney’s and Newport Shipyard. Food trucks include Castaway Gourmet and Rhody Roots!
Their event lineup this summer includes:
- Thursday, July 18: The Strattones (South County band)
- Thursday, Aug. 1: Doug Woolverton and The Groove Merchants
- Thursday, Aug. 8: The Aztec Two-Step featuring Rex Fowler & Friends
- Thursday, Aug. 15: Mike Warner & the Ubiquitones (regulars at Newport’s The Fastnet Pub)
- Thursday, Aug. 29: Max O’Hara (from Liverpool, England)
- Thursday, Sept. 5: Navy Band Northeast Brass Quintet
Music on the Lawn concerts are free (but donations welcome!) and open to all, family-friendly, and move indoors in case of rain. Concerts are from 6-8:30 p.m. Lawn chairs encouraged and picnics invited, although support of our food trucks and beverage sales are encouraged to support Friends of Music and neighborhood music events at St. John’s … from Bach to Rock!
The Zabriskie Memorial Church of Saint John the Evangelist is located at 61 Washington St., at the corner of Washington and Willow streets, with free parking in our lot opposite 25 Willow St.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf