Contributed by Fort Adams Trust
The next concert for Music At The Fort that was scheduled for July 18th has been postponed.
“Hi everyone. Due to the weather forecast for tomorrow (thunder and lighting) we need to postpone Music at the Fort featuring Ben O’Connor. We are looking at either August 29th or September 19th”, Michele Berard, Development Director of Fort Adams Trust shared on Facebook.
The Fort Adams Trust announces that its second free summer concert as part of the “Music at the Fort” series will feature Newport native Ben O’Connor on July 18th.
The series takes place outside the walls of the fort and is sponsored by Hogan Associates Realtors. The first concert featured the Kane Brothers and was a success despite a week delay due to weather conditions. The concert is open to the public to attend from 5-8 PM and will continue on every third Thursday of the month through September. Following Ben O’Connor will be the Ravers on August 22nd. The series ends September 19th with the performers still to be determined.
Parking is free and refreshments are available from Newport Storm Breweries as well as, special cuisine from rotating food trucks that were featured at the food truck event held at the fort May 18th. The concerts are for all ages and attendees are encouraged to bring blankets and beach chairs to sit on the lawn while they enjoy the music and views of Narragansett Bay.
“Ben O’Connor is a well-followed local musician and the Trust is thrilled to have him as part of our “Music at the Fort” concert series, “stated Jen Chapin, Director of Special Events for the Fort Adams Trust. “A special thank you goes out to Hogan Associates Realtors who are generously sponsoring the free events for the second year in a row, “she added.
About the Fort Adams Trust:
The Fort Adams Trust is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit responsible for preservation, programming, and promoting the National Historic Landmarks in Fort Adams State Park in Newport, Rhode Island. Over 100,000 people tour the Fort and attend events in the Park annually. The Trust accepts donations to support its preservation and programming missions. http://www.FortAdams.org
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour