The following story has been sponsored by Boys Town New England.
Since opening in 1991, Boys Town New England has brought life-changing care to tens of thousands of children and families in Rhode Island and surrounding states. These services and programs touch the lives of 8,000 children and families in New England each year.
Job Spotlight: Family-Teaching Couples
- Overview of Position
- We have five Family Homes on our New England campus, each housing up to six children. Trained Family-Teachers live in each home, caring for the children, meeting their daily needs and teaching social skills.
- What kind of youth do Family-Teachers work with?
- These children come from a variety of juvenile justice and/ or child welfare backgrounds. They have never experienced a positive family environment and lack basic social, emotional and developmental skills. When they arrive at our Family Homes, they become members of the family, which means following rules and meeting behavioral expectations. They go to school, participate in extracurricular activities, do chores, enjoy family outings and do everything a typical family would do.
- Fully-paid living expenses
- Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Supporting youth with new traditions such as sport events, family dinner, graduation or volunteering in the community
- Opportunities to earn college credit while working
- Relocation assistance
- Company vehicle
For more information on starting a career as a Family-Teaching Couple at Boys Town New England, visit: https://jobs.boystown.org/family-teaching-couple