Child & Family announced today that the 5th Annual Townsend Luncheon, a benefit for its Housing Support Programs, held Wednesday, June 26, 2019 raised over $50,000. Donations were given through event sponsors, a “Fund the Mission” live auction, event ticket sales and through a generous matching gift from Diane and David Canepari with Gateway Properties, Inc.
“Providing safe and secure housing for children and families in Rhode Island has always been a high priority for our agency. Working with families to overcome a myriad of complex issues and help guide them on the path to independence is not possible without a safe haven to call “home.” These Housing Support Programs allow individuals and families in crisis to benefit from the proven, evidence-based programs and services that Child & Family provides,” Marty Sinnott, President & CEO, Child & Family in a press release.
Child & Family employee, Christian Delacruz, spoke movingly about his experience within the child welfare system and how he was impacted while in Child & Family’s care. A program representative was seated at each of the 17 tables, enlightening the 134 guests about the committed work and success of Child & Family.
Child & Family says that they are grateful for event sponsors including TD Charitable Foundation, Centreville Bank Foundation, Warner Realty Group, BlueCross BlueShield of Rhode Island, Gil’s Appliances, Forty Two North Builders, Kelly Powers with Libby Kirwins Real Estate, OceanCliff Hotel & Resort, and centerpieces arrangements from Dahlia Shed as well as other community partners.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf