The restoration of the Rochambeau Monument has been completed, according to Howard Newman of Newmans, LTD.
“With Newmans, Ltd. of Newport’s having completed restoration of the bronze statue, the three bronze plaques and the bronze cauldron, on Thursday, May 30th, Newmans, Ltd. worked with The City of Newport, Casey Tree Specialists, and QMW Masonry to install the cauldron at the pinnacle of the monument’s stone pyramid,” Newman announced.
The Alliance Française of Newport will celebrate the completion of the Restoration of The Rochambeau Monument on Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at King Park. AFN will also be celebrating the special bond between the people of France and The United States over the centuries on this day, the 75th Anniversary of D-Day.
The Alliance Française of Newport made a commitment to raise $250,000 to restore The Rochambeau Monument in King Park in Newport.
Photos by Mary & Howard Newman
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)