Norman Bird Sanctuary is seeking Teacher/Naturalists for the 60th anniversary of their summer camp.
Continuing decades of tradition, Teacher/Naturalists will spend their summer exploring Norman Bird Sanctuary’s seven miles of hiking trails while helping the next generation learn to love nature and the environment.
Teacher/Naturalists lead groups of 12-16 campers in Pre-K through Grade 8; plan and teach a variety of hands-on, nature-based camp activities; oversee camper health and safety; communicate with staff and parents; and supervise high school Assistant Naturalists in Training.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have graduated high school. Ideal candidates would have a passion for the environment and a background in education, child care, or environmental sciences. All applicants must be able to pass a state and federal back ground check to be considered for a position.
The staff application is available online, and more information can be found at normanbirdsanctuary.org/employment.
Questions can be directed to Matt Schenck, Camp Director, at 401-846-2577 ext. 15 or email@example.com
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend