On March 30 2019, momunity, a digital platform based out of Newport that aggregates local community maternity care resources, will be hosting their Wellness Fair at the SEG Hub (10 Davol Square, Suite #100, Providence). At the event, new and expecting moms will be able to connect with other moms, meet and chat with local wellness providers, and get pampered with mini-massages and more. A few of the many topics of the fair will be prenatal nutrition, perinatal fitness, postpartum care and a handful other engaging and educational topics as well! This event will cost $5.00 to attend and open to all.
The momunity digital health platform launched in the Spring of 2018 after graduating from the Health and Wellness Accelerator at Social Enterprise Greenhouse. CEO, Founder, mom of two and Newport resident Melissa Bowley saw a need for more support and preventative care during her own experiences while pregnant and throughout her postpartum recovery. “So many mothers struggle to find the care or support they need. I was on a mission to bring back the “village” by increasing access to local community resources for new and expecting moms,” said Bowley. With a healthy mom being a top priority, momunity believes in empowering new and expecting moms by connecting them to care and support in their local community.
The purpose of the momunity Wellness Fair is to build new relationships that will lead to a new network of support for women and their children that will increase the wellbeing of families in Rhode Island. The momunity Wellness fair is made possible by the support of Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) and the participation of 15 local small businesses including but not limited to:
- Crunchy Mama Doula Birth Support works alongside expectant and new parents to offer support and eliminate confusion about their options in birth and newborn care. Providing holistic, comprehensive education and hands-on support to help parents feel supported in their choices and well informed for birth and parenting.
- Hip to Heart is a full service concierge agency that provides comprehensive care for women before, during and after pregnancy. They work with new families all over Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Southern New Hampshire.
- Healthy Mama Kris, is a holistic nutritionist, trained chef and healthy mama, here to help you navigate living a healthy, whole life, without restriction: one simple change at a time.
For more information visit the momunity website: https://momunity.co/momunity-wellness-fair/
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend