Here’s what’s on tap for today in and around Newport.
- Today:Sunny, with a high near 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect through this afternoon
- Today:NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 3 ft. A chance of light freezing spray.
- Tonight: NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of light freezing spray in the evening.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 34.0 °F
Sun, Moon & Tide
- Sunrise: 6:24 am | Sunset: 5:32 pm
- High Tide: 1 am & 1:23 pm | Low Tide: 7:24 am & 6:31 pm
- Daylight: 11 hours and 8 minutes of sun.
- Lunar: Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 22 days, lighting is 54%
Do you have news, a tip, a story idea, or something that you think would be of interest to our readers? Let us know! Email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
Things To Do
- 10 am – EBCAP Community Playgroup
- 2:30 pm – Tech Help at Portsmouth Free Public Library
- 4:45 pm – Stan & Ollie at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6:30 pm – Heritage Brass in Newport, RI at St. Mary’s Church
- 6:30 pm – Native Perennial Gardens at Newport Public Library
- 7:30 pm – They Shall Not Grow Old at Jane Pickens Theater
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Jane Pickens Theater – Stan & Ollie at 4:45 pm, They Shall Not Grow Old at 7:30 pm
- Narragansett Cafe (Jamestown) – Trivia from 7 pm to 9 pm
- O’brien’s Pub – Trivia at 8 pm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13