The Fort Adams Trust today announced its calendar of events for the 2019 season.
According to a press release from Fort Adams Trust, noteworthy additions are a food truck festival featuring trucks from all over New England Saturday, May 18th, the following weekend on Memorial Day weekend, May 25th -27th will be the Boots on the Ground Memorial honoring fallen heroes on the Parade Field, the new free concert series, Music at the Fort has now shifted to the fort from the Eisenhower House for the third Thursday of the month on June 20th, July 18th & August 15th, with the crowning event the 50th birthday celebration of the Claiborne Pell Bridge on June 28th followed by the 12 meter race events starting July 13th.
Many of the traditional events will continue at the Fort including: the Season Opener Golf Tournament at Newport County Club, May 13th, Newport 10-Miler, June 2nd, Craft Brew Event, July 20th , Race4Chase, August 11th , Alzheimer’s Walk, September 15th , Middletown Rotary Car Show, September 22nd , Fortress of Nightmares over three weekends in October with the season ending on October 27th with Trunk or Treat.
“We are going to have a very busy season as Fort Adams has really expanded the number of public events to go along with the fully booked weddings and private functions that have also grown substantially over the past few years,” stated Executive Director for the Fort Adams Trust, Joe Dias in the press release. “Some of the new events will be one-time celebrations like the Bridge 50th while others, such as the food truck event and Boots on the Ground Memorial we hope will return for everyone’s enjoyment, “Dias added.
The complete schedule of events as of publication, according to Fort Adams Trust, is as follows (we’ve gone thru and linked to some of the events to assist those looking for more info);
- Rugby Tournament – Saturday, April 6th
- YMCA Derby Event – Saturday, May 4th
- Season Opener Golf Tournament at Newport Country Club – Monday, May 13th
- Food Truck Festival – Saturday, May 18th
- Boots on the Ground Memorial – Saturday, May 25th – Monday, May 27th
- Newport 10-Miler – Saturday, June 2nd
- Music at the Fort – Thursday, June 20th
- Bridge 50th Celebration – Friday, June 28th
- 12 Meter Races – Saturday, July 13th
- Music at the Fort – Thursday, July 18th
- Craft Brew Event – Saturday, July 20th
- Race4Chase – Sunday, August 11th
- Music at the Fort – Thursday, August 15th
- Reenactment – Friday – Sunday, August 23rd – 25th
- Alzheimer’s Walk – Sunday, September 15th
- Middletown Rotary Car Show – Sunday, September 22nd
- Fortress of Nightmares -Fridays & Saturdays, October 11th – 26th
- Trunk or Treat – Sunday, October 27th
Not mentioned by Fort Adams Trust in the announcement, but certainly noteworthy; Newport Festival Foundation‘s Newport Folk Festival is scheduled to take place at the Fort from July 26 -28 and the Foundation’s Newport Jazz Festival will take place at the Fort from August 2 – 4.
For more information on Fort Adams or Fort Adams Trust, visit www.fortadams.org.