The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a meeting this morning at Newport Marriott with small business owners impacted by the recent gas outage this morning.
This meeting is meant to provide businesses with information about emergency loan funding, unemployment insurance, access to capital, claims processes, and other programs and resources. Representatives from the Newport County Chamber of Commerce, RI Commerce Corporation, Department of Labor and Training, National Grid and RI CAP are expected to be present to speak with businesses.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)