Here’s a look at what’s happening out there today.
- Today – A slight chance of rain before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect from 10 am EST this morning through this afternoon
- Today – W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Waves around 5 ft. A slight chance of showers this morning.
- Tonight – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft, except 5 to 6 ft at the Bay entrance.
Sun, Moon, & Tide:
- The sun will rise inNewportat7:11amand sunset will be at4:34pm.
- The firstlow tidewas at2:46am and the nextlow tidewill be at3:24pm. The firsthigh tidewill be at9:46amand the nexthigh tideat10:09pm.
- Today we will have9 hours and 23 minutesof sun. The solar transit will be at11:52am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 3 days, lighting is 8%.
Things To Do:
- 3 pm – Teens: Silent Book Club at Newport Public Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Disaster Preparedness for You and Your Pets at Potter League For Animals
- 6:30 pm – Fermentation Class: Southern Italy at Forty 1 North
- 6:30 pm – Newport City Council meeting
- 7 pm – Movie Night at Newport Car Museum…