Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter and we’ll keep you in the know of all that’s happening, new, and to do out there.
25,000+ subscribers wake up every morning to it!
- Today – Cloudy, with a high near 36. Northeast wind 7 to 11 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight – Rain and snow before 3am, then rain likely between 3am and 5am, then a chance of rain and snow after 5am. Low around 29. Southeast wind around 14 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Marine Forecast for Narragansett Bay
- Gale watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through late Wednesday night
- Today – E winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming se 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight – Se winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming SW after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft. Rain.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 35.1 degrees
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:59 am and sunset will be at 4:58 pm.
- The first high tide was at 2:29 am and the next high tide will be at 2:52 pm. The first low tide will be at 9:31 am and the next low tide at 8:45 pm.
Things To Do
- 8:30 am – Take a Peek Tuesdays! at St. Michael’s
- 2:30 pm – Tech Help at Portsmouth Public Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Favourite at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6:30 pm – Special Historic District Commission Meeting
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 28 – Feb. 4)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 28 – Feb. 4)
- What’s Up Newp Event Calendar