Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 35. North wind around 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Today – NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight – W winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Water Temperature – 37 degrees
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:09 am and sunset will be at 4:41 pm.
- The first high tide was at 1:49 am and the next high tide will be at 2:15 pm. The first low tide will be at 8:07 am and the next low tide at 7:54 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 32 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:55 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 58%.
Things To Do
- 2 pm – National Theater Live: The Tragedy of King Richard The Second at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – TMS Music Fundraiser at 99 Restaurant
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – On The Basis of Sex at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6:30 pm – City of Newport Historic District Commission
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 15 – 21)