Claire G. Reynolds, 88, of Middletown, RI, peacefully passed away on January 22, 2019. Claire was born in Warren, RI to Frederick Simmons and Juliette (Martel) Simmons. Claire was the wife of the late Edward F. Reynolds.
Claire is survived by her children Edward F. Reynolds, Jr. and his wife Kathleen of Middletown, Michael P. Reynolds of Chepachet, James B. Reynolds and his wife Lorrie of Hope Valley, and Kenneth A. Reynolds and his wife Pamela of Middletown, her beloved grandchildren James Jr. and his wife Erin, Kevin and his wife Jill, Brian, Craig, Robert, Matthew, and Justin Reynolds, and great granddaughter Kylie Reynolds. She also leaves her beloved sister Janet Silvia of Middletown.
Claire grew up in Newport on Ann Street and attended St. Mary’s School and St. Catherine’s Academy. As a young woman, she worked at Adelson’s in Newport and later in the Newport and Middletown School Systems. She was a dedicated Communicant of St. Lucy’s Church and cherished the time with her grandchildren. In her spare time, she loved to crochet, read and bake.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held January 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Rd, Middletown. Burial will follow at St. Columba’s Catholic Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Road, Middletown.
Online tribute at www.memorialfuneralhome.com
See the full obituary here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Claire-Reynolds
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke