Fitzpatrick Team with Remax of Newport and NPT HealthWorks will serve as presenting sponsors for the inaugural Aquidneck 10K. The new road race event, which will take place on March 24th, 2019, is produced by Gray Matter Marketing and will start and finish at Sachuest Beach.
“We’re proud to welcome two local businesses to support this event,” says Matt Gray, President of Gray Matter Marketing. “Together with NPT HealthWorks and Fitzpatrick Team, we’ll be able to give our participants a high-quality race experience, and provide the Norman Bird Sanctuary with even more support through the event.”
The 6.2-mile Aquidneck 10K course will start and finish at Sachuest Beach. Participants will run or walk alongside beach grass and sand dunes, down Sachuest Point, pass the Norman Bird Sanctuary on Hanging Rock Road, as well as stunning homes and historic churches, showcasing the beauty of Aquidneck Island. A portion of each registration fee for this event will be donated to the Norman Bird Sanctuary in support of their conservational and environmental efforts.
The Aquidneck 10K is open to runners and walkers of all abilities. All registrants will receive a race bib with a chip timer, as well as an event shirt. Athlete food will be available at the finish, and on-course water stops and aid stations will be available.
For more information, and to register, visit www.aquidneck10k.com
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million