The Town of Middletown has announced that Middletown Library is open until 8 pm tonight and Middletown Senior Center is open until 4 pm today.
The Gaudet School in Middletown opened at 6 pm last night as a warming shelter for those effected by the National Grid natural gas outage. The shelter will remain open until natural gas service is restored.
Latest Update: Folks who come to Gaudet School (Turner Road entrance) for warming and/or sheltering can expect to find a National Grid representative available to provide hotel vouchers and additional information. If you choose to stay at the Gaudet Shelter, please be sure to bring a pillow and blanket (the shelter provides a cot and a blanket). We also encourage you to bring something to pass the time while you are with us – books, games, and tables are welcome”.
If you need a ride to Gaudet, Newport Police will provide a ride, according to Mayor Bova.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million