The Newport County Chamber of Commerce has announced they will hold an informational meeting for businesses to learn how they can recover from last week’s gas outage.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 29 from 10 am to 12 pm at the Newport Marriott – Freedom Room (3rd Floor). There is free parking available at the Newport Visitors Center.
This meeting will provide businesses with information about emergency loan funding, unemployment insurance, access to capital, claims processes, and other programs and resources. Representatives from the Newport County Chamber of Commerce, RI Commerce Corporation, Department of Labor and Training, National Grid and RI CAP will be present to speak with businesses.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates