There has been some confusing information out there regarding the availability of CCRI’s Newport campus to the public.
“The CCRI Newport campus, located at One John H. Chafee Blvd., is open for classes. While the facility is no longer being utilized as an official warming center, the campus is open to the public should anyone need a place to get warm and charge electronic devices. The campus will remain open to the public until 11:00 p.m. this evening and will reopen tomorrow 7:00 a.m. for classes and normal operations,” Amy Kempe, Director of Marketing & Communications for Community College of Rhode Island wrote to What’sUpNewp.
“The College is working with the Governor’s Office, the RI Emergency Management Agency, and Aquidneck Island public safety agencies to closely monitor the situation should there be a need to scale up operations at the facility”.
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2