- Today – Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a temperature falling to around 42 by 5pm. West wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tonight – Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from 7 am EST this morning through this evening
- Today – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight – NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 43°F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:24 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:55 am and the next high tide will be at 1:18 pm. The first low tide was at 6:52 am and the next low tide will be at 7:43 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 13 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:47 am.
- The lunar phase is a Last Quarter Moon. Moon age is 22 days, lighting is 55%.
Things To Do
- 9 am to 12 pm- Aquidneck Growers Winter Market at Newport Vineyards
- 10 am to 11 am- Newport Seal Watch Tours with Save The Bay
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 2 pm – Free Fix-a-Flat & Basic Roadside Repair Clinic at Ten Speed Spokes
- 2 pm – Mixology Classes with Christina Mercado at Vanderbilt
- 4 pm – Posh & Sip & Socialize! at One Pelham East
- 4 pm – Holiday Lantern Tour with Newport Historical Society
- 6 pm – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 26 – Jan. 1)
- Christmas In Newport Calendar
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)