Newport, RI – Now that we got the first snow storm of the season out of the way, let’s look ahead at this pre-Thanksgiving weekend.
Marine Forecast – Narragansett Bay
Saturday – W winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
Saturday Night – W winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
Sunday – N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
Sunday Night – E winds around 5 kt, becoming S after midnight. Waves around 2 ft. A chance of showers.
Sun & Tide
On Saturday, the sun will rise in Newport at 6:37 am and sunset will be at 4:24 pm. In the high tide and low tide chart, we can see that the first high tide will be at 2:37 am and the next high tide at 2:54 pm. The first low tide will be at 8:46 am and the next low tide at 9:08 pm.
On Sunday, the sun will rise in Newport at 6:38 am and sunset will be at 4:23 pm. In the high tide and low tide chart, we can see that the first high tide will be at 3:30 am and the next high tide at 3:48 pm. The first low tide will be at 9:42 am and the next low tide at 9:47 pm.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13