Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for weather and things to do in and around Newport today.
- Today –Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog before 8am, then patchy fog after 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 63. Breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 9pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog. Low around 59. South wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Today –SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 6 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely. A chance of tstms this afternoon with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tonight – S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 6 to 7 ft. Patchy fog. Showers with a chance of tstms. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 54.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:19 am and sunset will be at 5:39 pm.
- The first high tide was at 3:34 am and the next high tide will be at 4:03 pm. The first low tide will be at 9:41 am and the next low tide at 10:51 pm.
- Today we will have 10 hours and 20 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 23 days, lighting is 36%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- All Day – Newport Restaurant Week returns to Newport & Bristol Counties
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6 pm – Restorative Yoga & Massage at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- 6:30 pm – Annual Auction & Cocktail Celebration at Rosecliff
- 7 pm – A Night of Glitter & Gold at Newport Art Museum
- 7 pm – Fauré Requiem at St. Mary’s
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?