Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter and we’ll keep you in the know of all that’s happening, new, and to do out there.
25,000+ subscribers wake up every morning to it!
Newport, RI – Happy November 1st! Here’s a full look at what’s up for weather, events, and things to do out there!
- Today –Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Tonight – Showers likely, mainly after 5 am. Patchy fog after 2 am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 56. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today –SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight – SW winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 4 to 5 ft. Patchy fog after midnight. Showers likely after midnight with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 53.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:18 am and sunset will be at 5:40 pm.
- The first high tide was at 2:32 am and the next high tide will be at 2:58 pm. The first low tide will be at 7:55 am and the next low tide at 10:00 pm.
- Today we will have 10 hours and 22 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Last Quarter Moon. Moon age is 22 days, lighting is 47%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- Newport’s off-season parking season begins on November 1st
- 9:30 am – Ceremonial Band at Rogers High School Veterans Day Assembly
- 11 am – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 12 pm – Eight Bells Lecture Series – Naval War College, Newport, RI
- 2 pm – National Theater Live: Allelujah! at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Bellevue Wine & Spirits presents 10th Annual Wine & Beer Tasting at Newport Vineyards
- 5:30 pm – November Green Drinks at Parlor Newport
- 5:30 pm – Black Flags, Blue Waters by Eric Jay Dolin at Newport Historical Society
- 6 pm – Online Ads Showdown: Facebook vs Google vs Social vs Your $ at Parlor Newport
- 6 pm – Lecture: Rising Dispatches From The New American Shore at Rosecliff
- 6 pm – Teens: Art with Nycole at Newport Public Library
- 6:30 pm – Inventing Tomorrow at The Casino Theatre
- 7:30 pm – Teton Gravity presents Far Out at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- What’s Up: Live music and entertainment in and around Newport this week (Oct. 30 – Nov. 5)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar