Middletown, RI – Bridge to Fitness recently held a special “Work It Out for MLK” fitness event to benefit the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center on November 24th.
Three 30-minute rotating group exercise sessions of custom training were featured comprising cardio, strength work and spinning. With over 35 participants, the event raised more than $700 for the Community Center and served to kick-off the fitness center’s annual toy drive also for the Center. Donations of new unwrapped toys will be accepted at the gym during regular business hours through December 14th.
“The turn-out was great and all the attendees were so generous,” stated personal trainer and event organizer, Rachel Alexander. “With the pre-Thanksgiving food drive, the ‘Work It Out for MLK’ event donations and the toy drive, we feel we are making a positive impact on behalf of the Center in multiple ways that help everyone during the holiday season,” she added.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13