Newport, RI – Good morning! Here’s a look at what’s up for weather out there today and things to do.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 51. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Today – W winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight – SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:06 am and sunset will be at 5:53 pm.
- The first low tide was at 12:08 am and the next low tide will be at 12:36 pm. The first high tide was at 6:46 amand the next high tide will be at 7:03 pm.
- Today we will have 10 hours and 47 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 12 days, lighting is 92%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Monday – Insignia (Capacity: 824 passengers, 400 crew)
- Monday – Star Pride (Capacity: 208 passengers)
- Wednesday – Crystal Symphony (Capacity: 922 passengers, 545 crew)
- Wednesday – Insignia (Capacity: 824 passengers, 400 crew)
- Friday – NCL Gem (Capacity: 2,394 passengers, 1070 crew)
- Sunday – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
Things To Do
- 2:30 pm & 4:45 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Meet & Greet with Senator Dawn Euer at Cappy’s
- 6 pm – Fundraiser to gets Dems Elected! at Atlantic Grill
- 6 pm – Marketing Connections Night at Salve
- 7 pm – Jewish High Holy Days: A month of celebration and introspection at Emmanuel Church
- 7:30 pm – Lives Well Lived at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record