The dance program at Salve Regina University will present two uniquely different performances on Nov. 7 and 10, both of which are free and open to the public. Both events, which are directed by associate professor Lindsay Guarino and faculty member Melody Gamba, will be presented at the Casino Theatre, 9 Freebody St.
“Expressions for Empowerment,” a collaborative performance giving voice and agency to Salve’s dancers, actors, musicians and poets, will be presented on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. “These truth-tellers unite to share visions of and for empowerment with the Salve community,” Guarino says.
“Fall Preview: Works in Progress,” which will be performed by Extensions Dance Company and Extensions II, will be presented on Saturday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m. The program will give audiences a glimpse into new works by choreographers Kat Pantos of Boston-based Pantos Dance Project, Carlos Jones from Buffalo State College, Boston-based Cayley Christoforou (Salve Class of 2015) and Gamba, in addition to select students. Audience members at the event will be encouraged to ask questions of the dancers and learn intimate details about the creative process.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup