Newport, RI – Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 4th at 2 am, which means you gain an hour of sleep this weekend!
Look for lighter mornings, but for it to get darker much earlier in the evening. For example, the sun will rise at 7:20 am on Saturday and will set at 5:37 pm; while rising at 6:21 am on Sunday and setting at 4:36 pm.
Before you go to bed on Saturday night, remember to change your clocks and also take this opportunity to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
As of February 20, 2004; all new residential construction requires AC-powered hard-wired, interconnected smoke alarms with battery back up in the following areas: inside each bedroom, outside each bedroom area, on each habitable level including basements and at the bottom of the basement stairs.
For more information regarding fire safety and injury prevention, visit the Rhode Island Division of Fire Marshal website.
The Latest From WUN
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’