Wondering what the talk of the town was around Newport in October?
While covering dozens of events and posting hundreds of stories in the month of October, it’s the news that’s unexpected, original and breaking news that saw the most traffic on www.whatsupnewp.com.
More than 53,600 unique visitors made these posts the top 10 most-read stories in October, according to Google Analytics;
2 – Home on Powel Avenue destroyed in multi-alarm fire (updated)
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters