Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for the day ahead in Newport.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 48. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 38. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect until 11 am EDT this morning
- Today – NW winds 15 to 20 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight – NW winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming W 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 3 ft in the evening, then 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:01 am and sunset will be at 5:59 pm.
- The first high tide was at 3:33 am and the next high tide will be at 4:01 pm. The first low tide will be at 9:17 am and the next low tide at 10:21 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 8 days, lighting is 61%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Thursday – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
- Friday – Silver Wind (Capacity: 294 passengers, 208 crew)
- Friday – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- 11 am – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 4 pm – 2018 Fall Festival at the Aquidneck School
- 4 pm – Broadway Turns the Night Pink for Young Survivors
- 4:45 pm – Colette at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Teens: I, Frankenstein, the movie at Newport Public Library
- 5 pm – Raise Up Newport Community Dinner at Park Holm Senior Center
- 6 pm – At-Large City Council Candidates Public Forum at Newport City Hall
- 7 pm – Doubt: A Parable – Live Stageplay at The Edward King House
- 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels