Newport, RI – What’s the best way you can maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels without taking medications? Will blood pressure and cholesterol medications cause weight gain? Lower your libido? Interfere with other medications?
Mary Jane Creely, APRN, and Lillian Thompson will help you learn your blood pressure and cholesterol numbers as well as supply answers to the above questions and more at the free Wellness Workshops, open to the public, Wed. Oct. 17. 1:30-3. Free snacks and beverages will be provided, along with transportation on an as need basis. Call 846-1213, Newport Mental Health, 127 Johnny Cake Hill Rd., Middletown.
“Anyone can benefit from attending these wellness workshops,” said CEO and President Jamie Lehane. “So often people think of physical health or mental health, as if they were mutually exclusive, but they’re often not. For example too much anxiety may contribute to high blood pressure. At Newport Mental Health we treat the whole person.”
Other Wednesday Workshops slated are” Pre-diabetes & Diabetes” on Wed. Oct. 31 and “Delicious Nutrition & Creative Exercise Routines” on Wed. Nov. 7, NMH 127 Johnny Cake Hill Rd. Middletown 1:30-3:30.
The mission of Newport Mental Health is to improve the lives of children, adults and families living and working in Newport County by providing the highest quality, recovery-oriented, evidence-based and integrated mental health and substance use care. NMH serves clients in Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, and Little Compton.
For more information, contact Sandy Oxx at 846-1213 ext. 109 or Jamie Lehane 846-1213 ext. 110.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)