The series, funded by Newport Festivals Foundation, Inc., connects professional musicians to schools with minimal or no music programs to present jazz concerts for students who may not have had the experience of attending a live concert.
The Newport Jazz Assembly performances are set for:
Band members are Ben Marcoux, bandleader, saxophones and clarinet; Joshua Bruneau, trumpet/flugelhorn; Jimmy O’Connell, trombone; Tony Davis, guitar; Keith Brown, piano/electric keyboard; Alex Tremblay, upright bass; and Mike Camacho, drums. Deborah Ross, Newport Festivals Foundation Director of Education, is the project director.
The 2019 Newport Jazz Festival presented by Natixis Investment Managers (www.newportjazz.org) takes place August 2 – 4at historic Fort Adams State Park and the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino.
For more information on education initiatives offered by Newport Festivals Foundation, visit www.newportfestivals.org
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke