Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for the day ahead in Newport, Rhode Island.
Monday, October 15, 2018
- Today – Showers before 1pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1pm and 5pm, then a chance of showers after 5pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog after 1pm. High near 66. South wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then a slight chance of showers between 2am and 3am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog between midnight and 1am. Low around 49. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Gale Warning in effect from this evening through late tonight
- Today – SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming S 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt this afternoon. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Showers likely. Patchy fog this afternoon with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tonight – W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft, except up to 5 ft at the Bay entrance. Patchy fog. Showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm in the evening.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 60.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:58 am and sunset will be at 6:04 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:53 am and the next high tide will be at 1:20 pm. The first low tide was at 5:40 am and the next low tide will be at 6:44 pm.
- Today we have 11 hours and 6 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:31 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 6 days, lighting is 33%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Royal Princess (Capacity 3,500 passengers) and Silver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers) are visting today
Things To Do
- 11 am – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1:30 pm – Have Your Voice Heard About Bus Service at Newport Gateway Center
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Colette at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 9 – 15)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 9 – 15)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Get this information and so much more emailed to you every morning before 8 am, sign up to become a What’sUpNewp Member now!