(Photo: The holiday season will be here before you know it. Photo Credit: Bowen’s Wharf)
It’s that time of year again when The City By The Sea begins planning for the upcoming holiday season and we have a special offer for you as local businesses band together to continue to make Newport New England’s Premier Holiday Shopping Destination!
The Newport Holiday Stroll will be kicking off the shop local season with a few changes this year including making the event one weekend instead of two – mark your calendars for Friday, November 30 through Sunday, December 2 – and the citywide event is now free to participate via a community Facebook page where businesses can list their in-store activations, sales, and promotions.
We at WUN have been great supporters of this event since inception in 2016, we actually helped launch and organize the inaugural event! We would like to continue to support with a special offer. Since the turnout for this event depends on the self-promotion of every business in Newport, WUN is offering a discounted rate to any business looking to advertise with WhatsUpNewp.com – to find out more, email ryan@WhatsUpNewp.com.
Join dozens of local businesses for the 3rd Annual Newport Holiday Stroll – A shop-local event, free and open to the community! 2018 Stroll dates and times are Friday, November 30, 10am-8pm, Saturday, December 1, 10am-8pm and Sunday, December 2, 10a-5pm
Learn more on the Newport Holiday Stroll site newportholidaystroll.com as well as on the Facebook Event page for 2018 https://www.facebook.com/events/1725300857513190/ and Instagram @newportholidaystroll
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts