In the wake of the ongoing allegations of sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, I just had to speak up and share my unique opinion and view on the topic.
As a survivor of sexual assault, I believe that many in the press and in our communities are doing much more harm than good to the larger base of those who have come forward to report sexual assault when they doubt and question allegations. The viciousness of “she’s lying”, “what convenient timing”, etc will scare many who may be being abused at this moment or who may be considering coming forward after decades of dealing with it alone to not reporting it, not telling anyone.
Listen in to understand my thoughts on the subject and hear Frank Prosnitz and I discuss the issue;
What’s Up Newp Radio Edition
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author