Newport, RI – Twenty-seven museums across Rhode Island will join more than 1,200 museums across the country participating in Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day on September 22nd, a one-day annual event in which participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket.
Participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address. The ticket provides free general admission on Saturday, September 22, 2018, for two people to the participating museum.
Participating museums in Rhode Island include;
- Audubon Society of Rhode Island Nature Center and Aquarium in Bristol
- Babcock-Smith House Museum in Westerly
- Beavertail Lighthouse Museum in Jamestown
- Blackstone Valley Historical Society in Lincoln
- Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum in Bristol
- Conanicut Island Friends Meetinghouse in Jamestown
- General Nathanael Greene Homestead in Coventry
- Hearthside House Museum in Lincoln
- International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport
- Jamestown Museum in Jamestown
- Jamestown Windmill in Jamestown
- John Hunt House -East Providence Historical Society in East Providence
- Museum of Natural History and Planetarium in Providence
- Museum of Newport History & Shop in Newport
- Museum of Work & Culture in Woonsocket
- Norman Bird Sanctuary in Middletown
- Old Slater Mill National Historic Landmark in Pawtucket (Pictured Above)
- Paine House Museum in Coventry
- Pawtuxet Valley Preservation and Historical Society in West Warwick
- RISD Museum in Providence
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum in Newport
- Smith’s Castle in North Kingstown
- The John Brown House Museum in Providence
- The Stephen Hopkins House in Providence
- Tomaquag Museum in Exeter
- Warwick Historical Society in Warwick
- Westerly Armory in Westerly
To locate these or other participating museums, visit https://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/search/?q=& and then click “Get A Ticket.” Filter your search by museum location, museum name and/or museum type.
For more information, https://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-day-2018/.
(This story was originally published on What’sUpRhodeIsland)