AmpSurf New England announced on Tuesday that it will hold it’s second annual adaptive surfing clinic at Second Beach in Middletown, RI on September 15th, 2018.
The event involves adaptive surf therapy with certified adaptive surf instructors and is free for anyone with any kind of disability. There are still a few participant spots open and volunteers are needed, according to the organization. Anyone interested in participating or volunteering should register at ampsurf.org.
AmpSurf began operating in New England at Long Sands Beach in York, Maine in 2011. Last year, AmpSurf finished up the 2017 season with a very successful clinic at Surfer’s End. We are happy to announce that with the support of the Town of Middletown, RI, and some local sponsors, AmpSurf will be back at Second Beach on September 15th.
For more information, visit www.ampsurf.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals