AmpSurf New England announced on Tuesday that it will hold it’s second annual adaptive surfing clinic at Second Beach in Middletown, RI on September 15th, 2018.
The event involves adaptive surf therapy with certified adaptive surf instructors and is free for anyone with any kind of disability. There are still a few participant spots open and volunteers are needed, according to the organization. Anyone interested in participating or volunteering should register at ampsurf.org.
AmpSurf began operating in New England at Long Sands Beach in York, Maine in 2011. Last year, AmpSurf finished up the 2017 season with a very successful clinic at Surfer’s End. We are happy to announce that with the support of the Town of Middletown, RI, and some local sponsors, AmpSurf will be back at Second Beach on September 15th.
For more information, visit www.ampsurf.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Now Hiring: 130+ businesses hiring right now in the Newport area
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island