On September 12th, Newport’s Second Ward voters will be asked to narrow the field of candidates for the Second Ward City Council seat in the primary election.
The Alliance For A Livable Newport (ALN, which “has promoted and enhanced the quality of life in its city by providing an unbiased resource for information on issues facing our community”, sent the three Second Ward candidates a questionnaire which asked (15) fifteen probing questions about key local issues. They were asked to submit their responses by Monday, August 20.
ALN says candidates for the other Ward and At-Large Council seats also received the same questionnaire and were asked to submit their responses by September 24 for viewing by all of Newport’s voters prior to the November 6 general election. They also confirm that a separate questionnaire will be sent to the candidates for School Committee, also requesting responses by September 24.
ALN reminders voters to save the date, Rhode Island’s Primary is September 12 and General Elections will take place on November 6th.
For more information on Alliance For A Livable Newport, visit www.newportalliance.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch