It was a jam-packed edition of What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WDK on Wednesday.
Joining Ryan Belmore and Frank Prosnitz for the first 30 minutes was historian, author and former Belcourt Castle owner and resident, Harle Tinney. Here we heard all about what Harle has been working on and get a few details on what’s to come with Newport Castle, a movie project she has been working on.
Rhode Island-based Rent Sons looks a lot like the Uber of odd jobs, yet has the heart of the Peace Corps. They see a lot of divide in the world today and have taken on odd jobs as a way for us all to get to know each other better. Uniting communities, growing young adults, all while scaling at a San Francisco startup rate. Pat Brown, CEO of Rent Sons and a Little Compton resident, joined Ryan and Frank for the second half of the show to chat more about his company, living life to the fullest, and more.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates