Norey’s, which was founded in 2000, offers at least 20 taps and 110 bottles of some of the world’s best and rarest craft beers.
“There are more than 6,000 small and independent breweries in the United States”, according to CraftBeer.com. “Craft beer bars have played a pivotal role in the growth of craft beer by filling their taps and menus with local, independently-owned breweries. But which of those beer bars stand out? As a beer lover, you know what sets apart an average bar from a great craft beer bar, and that’s why we turned to you to help select a list of Great American Beer Bars. More than 7,000 people responded to our survey and their choices may surprise you. Half the bars readers selected are different from bars that made the 2017 edition”.
CraftBeer.com readers were asked to nominate their favorite craft beer bar in their state and fill out a brief survey about what makes it so great including atmosphere, staff, beer selection and extraordinary events. Craft beer fans cast nearly 8,000 votes between November and December 2017.
The Wharf Pub in Newport won the coveted award in 2017, while Norey’s won the award back in 2016.
Here’s what CraftBeer.com shared about Norey’s; “It’s tough for Norey’s chef and owner, Tyler Cullen, to say what makes the 18-year-old beer bar stand out. “Just about a little of everything is unique: beer selection, our staff, the food is cooked right in front of you in open kitchen. Whatever it is, Norey’s has garnered quite a following and is a destination to seek out when you’re in Rhode Island”.
Norey’s is located at 156 Broadway in Newport and online at www.noreys.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)