Norey’s, which was founded in 2000, offers at least 20 taps and 110 bottles of some of the world’s best and rarest craft beers.
“There are more than 6,000 small and independent breweries in the United States”, according to CraftBeer.com. “Craft beer bars have played a pivotal role in the growth of craft beer by filling their taps and menus with local, independently-owned breweries. But which of those beer bars stand out? As a beer lover, you know what sets apart an average bar from a great craft beer bar, and that’s why we turned to you to help select a list of Great American Beer Bars. More than 7,000 people responded to our survey and their choices may surprise you. Half the bars readers selected are different from bars that made the 2017 edition”.
CraftBeer.com readers were asked to nominate their favorite craft beer bar in their state and fill out a brief survey about what makes it so great including atmosphere, staff, beer selection and extraordinary events. Craft beer fans cast nearly 8,000 votes between November and December 2017.
The Wharf Pub in Newport won the coveted award in 2017, while Norey’s won the award back in 2016.
Here’s what CraftBeer.com shared about Norey’s; “It’s tough for Norey’s chef and owner, Tyler Cullen, to say what makes the 18-year-old beer bar stand out. “Just about a little of everything is unique: beer selection, our staff, the food is cooked right in front of you in open kitchen. Whatever it is, Norey’s has garnered quite a following and is a destination to seek out when you’re in Rhode Island”.
Norey’s is located at 156 Broadway in Newport and online at www.noreys.com.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters