With the share of U.S. adults aged 65 and older expected to more than double by year 2060 and nearly 96 percent of elder-abuse cases going unreported every year, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis that identifies 2017’s States with the Best Elder-Abuse Protections.
To determine which states fight the hardest against elder abuse, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 11 key metrics. The dataset ranges from share of elder-abuse, gross-neglect and exploitation complaints to presence of financial elder-abuse laws.
Elder-Abuse Protections in Rhode Island (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 49th – Elder-Abuse, Gross-Neglect & Exploitation Complaints*
- 47th – Number of Eldercare Organizations & Services*
- 30th – Number of Certified Volunteer Ombudsmen*
*Per resident aged 65+
The state with the Best Elder Abuse Protections is Nevada, according to WalletHub.
For the full report, visit:https://wallethub.com/edu/
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels