HopeHealth announced today that they have expanded hospice, palliative, and home care services to Newport County with the opening of a location in Middletown. Hope Hospice & Palliative Care RI and Visiting Nurse of HopeHealth, HopeHealth’s Rhode Island branches, have started services recently.
HopeHealth staff is caring for patients in Jamestown, Middletown, Newport, and Portsmouth in their homes and at nearby nursing homes and hospitals from their new space at 42 Valley Road in Middletown.
“We are thrilled to open a location in Middletown, allowing us to respond to our growth in the Aquidneck Island area,” said Diana Franchitto, president & CEO of HopeHealth in a news release. “This expanded presence on the island brings us geographically closer to our patients and families and our healthcare partners.”
Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island is the second oldest hospice in the nation and has been involved in hospice and palliative care for more than forty years. Now part of HopeHealth, the organization continues to help people live out the remaining time of their lives with as much comfort and dignity as possible. Today, the non-profit offers comprehensive medical, emotional and spiritual care for people facing serious illness. Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island is the major teaching affiliate for hospice and palliative medicine for the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony and Open House took place this past Monday for families and patients to learn more. Many of the new location’s employees spoke with community members.
“I’ve lived on Aquidneck Island for 16 years. I feel lucky to work in the great community that I live in. It’s a privilege to serve alongside such an incredible group of professionals who are committed to the work they do,” said Carolyn Bertsch, RN, case manager, from Middletown.
“I really love this organization. As clinicians, we are able to support our patients with the highest quality care, immediately when they need it. Visiting Nurse of HopeHealth is growing and we’re excited to extend that growth to Aquidneck Island,” said Kellie Cunningham-Toland, RN, from Jamestown.
To learn more about HopeHealth, visit http://www.hopehealthco.org/
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck