As we make our way quickly towards the end of October, many restaurants (particularly among the waterfront) are preparing to call it a season and close during the off-season until next spring.
While a lot of the restaurants wait until after the Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, some have already battened down the hatches.
The What’sUpNewp Crew has started to compile a list of when some of Newport’s beloved seasonal restaurants will close, check back often for updates.
- 22 Bowen’s – 22 Bowen’s Portside (outdoor patio) usually closes at the end of the Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (this year, would be October 15th). The restaurant remains open year-round.
- Belle’s Cafe – Open through December for breakfast and lunch.
- Castle Hill – Last day for the Lawn is to be confirmed.
- Flo’s in Middletown – Closing on October 29th.
- Flo’s in Portsmouth – Closed on October 9th.
- Landing Restaurant- Last day of the season for their patio is typically the last day of Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, October 15th.
- Marina Cafe & Pub – Closed on October 10th.
- Port Restaurant – Last day of the season is typically the last day of Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (October 15th).
- Salvation Cafe: Tiki bar has closed for the season, the restaurant remains open year-round.
- Smokehouse – Closed on October 9th for winter.
- Top of Newport at Hotel Viking – Closed on September 30th.
- Vanderbilt Grace – Last day for the rooftop is to be confirmed.
This story will be updated as we receive more information from restaurants.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)