Newport-based Lemon & Line has announced that they have been chosen as an official accessory for the 2017-2018 Volvo Ocean Race.
Partnering with preeminent European rope manufacturer Gottifredi Maffioli, the line supplier for the Volvo Ocean Race fleet, and Musto, the event’s official kit supplier, Lemon & Line will manufacture the Official Volvo Ocean Race Bracelet from its headquarters in downtown Newport and make the product available at each of the 13 global stopovers as well as through the online shopping portal of the Volvo Ocean Race website. The first shipment has been sent to Alicante, Spain, where the race village is now open for Leg One on October 22, 2017.
“As a lifelong racer and sailor, this partnership represents everything I’ve been working for,” says David Norton, founder of Lemon & Line. “We’ve been at this for seven years. From day one we have remained committed and connected to our sport. This is our opportunity to solidify our market position in partnership with one of the most recognizable elite-level sailing events.”
“We’re just doing what we do best,” Norton adds. “We’re crafting incredible, authentic, products in the sailing capital of the world and we’re able to reach across oceans uniting sailors from all over with the same passion. Simply incredible.”
For more information on Lemon & Line, visit www.lemonandline.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals