Subscribe to our free daily newsletter
It’s good, we promise!
International Yacht Restoration School of Technology and Trades (IYRS)
IYRS is a unique school incorporating four distinct programs: Boatbuilding and Restoration, Marine Systems, Composites, and Digital Modeling and Fabrication (www.iyrs.edu). Our campus is on the historic Newport waterfront and is lively and buzzy, internalizing values of innovation and creation.
This is a pivotal moment in our history as we are on the cusp of greatly expanding our school and learning platforms, retaining our storied yacht restoration program while adding programs that incorporate design elements and high-tech digital modeling and fabrication using advanced composite materials such as carbon fiber and fiberglass.
We work with industry leaders to create programs that are cutting-edge and relevant for high-tech, global manufacturing and use any material or object – wood, metals, composites, carbon fiber – using any imaginable tools – hand tools, 3D printers, CNC routers, and so on. All marine trade companies vie for our graduates as well as technology companies such as Autodeck, Excelis, Goetz Composites, Google X, and Hinckley, just to name a few.
The Development Associate is a pivotal, important position. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this person works to proactively steward and improve all aspects of the donor experience and relationship with IYRS and will have extensive internal and external relationships.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maximizing the effectiveness of the Raiser’s Edge database system through data management, analysis and reporting. This person is the database “power user” with an emphasis on inputting and extracting data and maintaining and updating constituent records using best practices to support fundraising goals.
o Coordinate with Finance to reconcile all giving on a monthly basis
o Generate weekly, monthly, and as-needed reports for Development Committee and the Board
o Implement gift acknowledgement process on a timely basis with the highest level of accuracy
• Grants and Foundations proposals
o Set up system for timely stewardship reports and applications
o Assist with research, drafting funding applications and stewardship reports
• Alumni Program: IYRS is setting up a more structured and robust alumni program. After a period of acclimation and mentoring, this person will manage this program and will have wide latitude to be creative in doing so.
• Responsible for updating Development calendar and oversee the Giving section of the website
• Assist with fundraising events, meeting planning and production, as needed
• Manage scheduling, production, and mailing of fundraising appeals. Maintain segmented mail and email lists
• Participate in weekly development team meetings, internal training, monthly all-staff meetings
• With the Director of Philanthropy, provide input for annual strategic plan, implementation, and evaluation
• Support “all hands on deck” requests (only a few times a year and usually lots of fun!)
• Maintain personal organizational systems
• Have a “Make Anything Possible”outlook!