To the Editor
Usually I don’t trust anyone under the age of 80, but in one case, the case of Dawn Euer, it was easy to make an exception. I am supporting Dawn Euer in the race for State Senate and I’d like to tell you why.
I’m voting for Dawn because I’ve seen her in action working to improve our community. When she advised the anti-casino group (Citizens Concerned About Casino Gambling) during the campaign to defeat the expansion effort at Newport Grand, Dawn proved she is intelligent, politically astute, legally agile and knowledgeable. Her engagement and advice were welcome and effective. She made a difference and we were all grateful for her involvement.
I’ve also seen her manage the effort to develop a community plan for Newport’s Trees, Parks and Open Spaces, while serving as the Project Manager for the Newport Open Space Partnership. She did a terrific job orchestrating and balancing community input, managing numerous meetings, organizing details and pulling together all the elements of the plan. Preserving our environment is a core value for Dawn and given the nature of Newport and Jamestown, I believe it is for you too.
I am voting for Dawn Euer in the Democratic primary on July 18 because I believe she will make a real difference as our senator and I hope you will join me. Dawn will honor us with her service and help give us the government we deserve.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend