Cinco de Mayo is here and everyone is searching for the best local events to celebrate the day with a party and a margarita.
This year Newport is hosting some fun ways for everyone to enjoy Cinco de Mayo, with beautiful waterfront venues, high-quality restaurants, outdoor celebrations, and unique experiences!
History Lesson: Cinco de Mayo (or the fifth of May) commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
Brick Alley Pub
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo at Diego’s on Bowen’s Wharf with a fresh margarita and tacos. Diego’s kitchen is open from 11am-10pm and of course, their bar will be open much later with featured drinks and fun.!
The Wharf Pub
It’s business as usually down at Perro Salado. They will be open from 5 pm until 1 am and of course if the weather permits you’ll be sipping margaritas and eating guacamole on their patio!
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke